Wednesday, August 15, 2012

GF LRBM 2012 part 1

Assalamualaikum..

FINALLY !  LRBM 2012 was done ! *pheew. Last few months I had busy with preparation for the LRBM 2012. LRBM stands for Lomba Rancang Busana Muslimah 2012. I was selected as one of finalist since March or May this year. I am one of the top 15 finalists. This event is actually composed of several series of events from consultation with juries and stuff. I didn't post any update related to this event cause honestly there're like few times I intended to quit. because this-is-hard. Other finalists have great talent, amazing years of experience and education and even knowledge about fashion and the business. And me ? I'm just a last year college student who study communication since sophomore and I can't even sew my own button how could I be a designer only for few weeks ! I am not even that close to fashionista. I wear jeans, shirts and blazer most of the time and I hated make up, they make me feel itchy. But I just gotta do what i had to do. I may be everything I even a quitter sometimes but not this time. Only for few months I was trying to catch up, browsing through internet buying some books-magazine, who's in right now, what's in and what's out. Learning about fabric, There were no week I had spent without at least once or twice going to the fabric stores and acc stores. I never knew before learning process could be that exausting and fun.

Among the process, my best friends and boyfriend, helps me so much. My boyfriend may be the most second exausted person these few months. He has a big heart and patience and time for me. He's everything. love. And my best friends, they may the only group of people who believe in me while others dont, even myself. They would spent hours listening me stressing out about everything and they just listen, they're amazing. I don't have that much best friends or true friends but they're priceless to me. Also my friends they sent me luck wishes and It feels great and I feel blessed.

So long-short story the show for the Grand final was held at Gandaria City Jakarta as one of the fashion show represented by IIFF (Indonesia Islamic Fashion Festival). Do you ever heard the hijabers or hijabistas ? It's like the nest. So as I told you before I was the only rookie among the 15 people and that made everything excites me-everything !. The show was started 2 pm but the designers already there since 8 in the morning. And I was the second arrived, everybody was late. That morning the designers met the models. Subhanallah, they were impossibly gorgeous and skinny and tall. I was stunned. I didn't know they would pick the model agent looked that pretty. GR started around nine. And the fitting began. This is my first show ever and i dont even know they will be another second, but what most excites me was the backstage part of the show. The hectic atmosphere, the make up artist-the hijab stylist-the designers-the models- It was unbelievable. It was not that big but It was my first-ever-cause I am a no one so this is special. When the show starts, the light was on, the music starts, the models walked the runway with your clothes- It was amazing. Undescribable feeling. Blessed all the professionals who gets to do this every month.

For the backstage, designers were asked to prepared photos of the total look and detail of acc and hijab. Everybody turned out to make a very simple photos. I was so excited I even made my own hijab tutorial. That's okay ! cause I'm pretty happy with the result. First I wanna show you the designs. These are the first design which got me through into 15 finalists. My theme was GREEK INSPIRED.


These are the hijab tutorial I made for hijab stylist who worked in the backstage. The hijab was so simple as simple as who I really am. - -
Photographer : papa
Editing : me



These are the final designs for the show




And these are the final result, I am so FAR from model. so pardon my....everything in these photos *ugh. 
I know I made some weird poses. Papa and my sister kept telling me how I was supposed to pose like It's so easy. It's not easy.



I don't have the runway photos-yet. I'm still waiting from the NooR magazine and documentation from other finalist and friends. That's why I hope there's gonna be a second part-soon. 
I remember how horrible last Ramadhan was, I remember how crushing down I was. And to be where I am now, who I am with, this year, It's unbelievable. And I wish there are more great news to come, like graduation :)


No comments:

Post a Comment