Saturday, May 12, 2012

Every Master Once a Rookie



Hai !

Its been a really really long time since the last post. This semester is pretty rough not that I take so many classes, no, Its the thesis that I've been working on take almost all of my attention nowadays. There's also another reason why I barely blogging, cause I feel like I dont have anything good enough to post. Not everyone knows but I'm kinna in the middle of a competition right now, It's a design contest and I'm one of the finalist. What frustrating is the fact that among all the 15 finalist, I'm the only one who doesn't have the fashion background, either based on experience or education. Well-I-suck ! (at first I thought that). Then I rearrange my state of mind, everytime I walk to that door I always whisper to myself, "You're here to LEARN not to win anything" and that makes me feel a lot better. Why don't you try ? Everytime you walk into situation out of your comfort zone, try REARRANGE your intention like I always do- I AM HERE TO LEARN ! :)

That intention almost crushed down by few comments which really stressed me out. Some other finalists were complementing my designs and almost all of em gave the same comment, "Your design is so cute" "Your design look like a cartoon, Its soo cute !". I know they meant well but what bringing down after I noticed everyone's design are soooo good, really like a professional designer doing sketches, they look high fashion and I ! - my drawing like Brats (you know the barbie girl cartoon) playing dress up ! not high fashion-at-all. Those comments really affected me for few weeks but i don't stop drawing and sketching. And in this post I wanna show you (faceless people on internet who maybe never exist cause no one's gonna read this) the progress I've made for these couple of weeks. Actually i did so many sketches for practice, some are bad, some are really bad, some are-let's just say-unfinished-cause I already hate the sketch before It even finished.












See ? I was no good. It was really bringing me down and I almost gave up. Everytime I draw some designs, I hate em cause I don't see myself in there. I know It sounds silly, but I just not being myself. I used to enjoy drawing and do sketches because I don't think ! The whole thinking process while I'm drawing-I hated it ! So I did this drawing-back on abstract cause I know I don't think when I'm drawing abstract sketches.

 So here it is.




It made me feel a lil better, then It crossed my mind why wouldn't I draw some design with abstract element in there ?


still.. not satisfied enough

Then I drawing some more more and more. I read again on and on pages to pages just to learn how to get a good proportion. I realize even if It's not me, still I have to learn back to basic then I can find what's my signature. Then I remember those times when I doing abstract sketches back then, I draw better when I feel overwhelmed emotion like sad or depressed. So I listen to one song, repeat mode, one song which remind how angry I was. The song was Adele-rumor has it- remix version for runaway.


I'm getting better right ? :D nooot- not satisfied-enough

I still have to learn proper human proportion and face. 

So I try to learn draw faces and get rid of the cartoon image for God's sake !



And.. this is what I drew just yesterday.




Not bad, ight ? I know I'm no good but I always love to learn. I realize that the second you notice that learning process is the key. I love drawing no matter what people say. people's comment are matter but what's more matter is I'm doing what I love. I love learn marketing, I love fashion ! , I love reading magazine. love love love

and these are my babies :3


My Dad always say that "You will never lose anything by buying books", "You're never good enough so study ! open books ! read newspaper, read magazine/ Although you can find everything by online nowadays but there's nothing like real books". So these few months I have new fav, my magz and book. These are some of em. I don't have much cause It's not that cheap - -"


two of my fav are AMICA and DEWI special edition. I bought DEWI in flea market, so I got really really low price and I LOVE it !



So there you go. Be kind with this post I still got to learn- A LOT.

Thank you,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment